Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's Scary Sometimes, But That's Okay

       Part of the goal of this blog is to convey the experience of travelling to another country from the lens of someone who has never left the US. In order to do this well, I'm going to try to be super open with all the emotions I'm feeling. I'm not that open of a person usually, but I guess this is the best way to try to express everything.
      I'm really excited to be on my way to Germany in less than 2 days, but there's so much that I don't know about. I don't know any German, not really quite sure where the Euro applies or how trains in places besides New York City work, to name a little bit. It's hard to leave a place you're so comfortable with to go to somewhere you know nothing about. Its similar to the feeling you have before going to college; you're incredibly excited, but nervous beyond belief.
     I've spent almost the entirety of my life on the east coast of the US, except for a few trips to California, so I don't really really know what this summer is going to be like. That scares me. For the first time in a while, I have no idea what the next few weeks are going to hold. That's scary, but maybe it's a good thing. Leaving your comfort zone is how you grow. Maybe it's best to embrace the fear and accept that its going to be a little odd at first.  Oh well, either way I'll be over there soon

No comments:

Post a Comment