Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pittsburgh

     
             I've spent the last week trying to find a picture that can capture exactly how I feel about Pittsburgh right now. The closest I came to that was a pretty picture of campus:


Doesn't really capture all that much, besides the most attractive way to include Walking to the Sky, the large metal pole, into a picture of campus. I tried to figure out why I loved Pittsburgh, I realized the greatest parts of Pittsburgh for me are the parts you can never record. The friendships and memories that were formed here are the pieces of Pittsburgh I hold dear.
       Over the last two years I've met so many people that I care about and for the first time in a while, I've found a place that feels like home. What I'll miss most about Pittsburgh isn't the large amount of bridges, 446, or the awesome view from Mt. Washington,  its the people. I'll miss staying up till the early morning talking about life and how fast time's passing. This last year was rough, but thanks to a lot of people, I was able to get through it. All of the connections I have here make it such a comfortable place.  Pittsburgh has become more than a random cool city, it's become my home.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment