Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Short post: Still Alive, Aachen's awesome

     Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of issues with the internet connection the last few days. After a bunch of road blocks, mostly due to the bank locking my account and not really being able to understand much, I've happily made it to the awesome city of Aachen.
     The travel over here was a bit difficult, but I think it went as well as it could have with the little amount of preparation I did. For those of you planning to go abroad, make sure you know exactly how to use the train and tell your bank exactly where you'll be going and taking money out of, also have your bank's phone number handy. They tend to be super hasty to stop your account when they get random charges from different countries, calling them makes it go by so much quicker. Also, it helps a ton to have someone in the country you're traveling to that can help you out. I'm really not sure how I would have managed the last few days without my buddy, through UROP's buddy program.
     I really need to get back to studying my German, but just wanted to post something so people know I still plan on doing this:)  Expect something more fun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment